Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Unpaid Pundit Begins His Punditry

Every now and then, I'll actually say something that sounds--even to my exceedingly humble ears--pretty damn good. At these times, I will often say, "See? See? I should be a pundit! I should be one of those people CNN, Fox News, or NPR calls up when they need to ask an expert to make sense of today's big news story."

Now, I'm not really an expert on anything. This doesn't disqualify me in the least, though. Most pundits I've seen appear to be experts in obfuscation and hair gel application. I can do those two things, I think.

Anyway, I am going to start making comments about things that happen in the world. Some of them may actually be insightful. The vast majority, I'm sure, will not be.

I will blog under my own name and with my main email address. I think that will keep me honest and prevent blogging when I'm feeling particularly nasty. Those times are rare, but I would like them to be private, too. Anonymity brings out the best and worst in people because it brings out who a person really is. Some people suck when they can't apply their candy coating. Maybe I'm afraid that I'm one of those people.

Well, here goes...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess 7 was not his lucky number. Getting it on with a borg at a sex club. Its great to be an American.
Oh, and I agree. Keyes is a bit crazy looking.

http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepony/NaugaKeyes.jpg